All though we try to get your feet on solid African soil whenever we can, using vehicles for game drives to get close to wild animals in safety is just essential - so we have tried to design our vehicles to make sure you get the best experience.
All our safari vehicles are custom designed to ensure the best wildlife viewing and comfort. This is crucial when spending up to 10-hours a day game viewing from the vehicle.
Here are a few design 'tweaks' we have made to make the vehicles safari ready:
- Extended and wider: We extended and widened the body of the vehicles to allow more space to move around and to get the best photographic angles without 'bumping' in to each other. Although our vehicles are designed to carry 6 passengers we will only put six guests together in one vehicle if this is requested in order to save on cost. Normally we will only carry four guests per extended vehicle.
- Lager windows: We made all the windows in the vehicle as large as will possibly fit. And if we could, we would make the entire body out of glass...we are still working on that design, watch this space for more!
- Open roof: The roof can be removed so that you can stand-up and have a better vantage for viewing.
- Power inverters: All our vehicles have 110v and 220v power adaptors to make it possible to charge camera batteries.
- Fridge or coolbox: All our vehicles have a small fridge where water and drinks can be kept cold.
- Coffee box: Every safari departs with a coffee box with snacks, coffee and tea that can be enjoyed at anytime on a game drive.
- First-aid box: Every safari vehicle has a first aid box and the guide is trained to use this.
- Wildlife books and maps: Every safari vehicle is outfitted with a set of mammal and bird books and maps of the area.