Sometimes it's difficult to put your finger on what it is that makes a location so special. Lake Manyara Green Camp is absolutely the best site within the Tanzanian Parks and the highlight of many Wayo guests safaris. We give you 10 reasons why you should visit Lake Manyara.
- Lake Manyara has tree-climbing lions, flamingos, hippo-pools, breathtaking scenery and the beautiful soda-ash lake in the center.
- Lake Manyara's game includes elephant, buffalo, wildebeest, giraffe, zebra, warthog, lions, baboons and exceptionally varied birdlife, among others.
- Watching wildlife in Lake Manyara National Park is good all year long.
- The compact game-viewing circuit through Manyara offers a virtual microcosm of the Tanzanian private safari experience.
- The park is very easy to access: about 90 minutes' drive from Arusha and an hour from the Ngorongoro Crater.
- To see the park at its best, you can stay within the park at the Green Camp. It enables you to be on safari before most others, and offers a non-stop safari experience in the heart of nature.
- The Green Camp is located on the banks of the Endabash River in the south of the park, at the bottom of a huge waterfall where wildlife is coming to drink.
- From the rocks you have a beautiful view over the park down to the lake. Moreover the pools in the rocks provide the perfect retrieve for a cool (safe) swim on hot African afternoons.
- The main activity for visitors to Lake Manyara is day time game drives, but there are also night game drives and walking safaris available.
- Just outside the park there are also plenty of possibilities, with activities such as nature walks, forest hikes, mountain biking, a village walk through Mto Wa Mbu and a tuk tuk tour.
For more information check Lake Manyara Green Camps or contact us.