Sometimes it's difficult to put your finger on what it is that makes a location so special. We give you 8 reasons why you should visit Tarangire National Park.
- Tarangire is untamed and has an authentic safari atmosphere.
- The park is reputed to have the highest concentration of elephants in the world. So if you love elephants, this is the place to be.
- Moreover, it has tree-climbing lions, baobab trees and abundant birdlife. But you also won’t go long without seeing zebras, wildebeest, water bucks, warthogs, cranes, giraffes, dick dicks, ostriches, baboons and velvet monkeys.
- Watching wildlife in Tarangire is good all year long.
- The park is very easy to get to: only 3-4 hours outside Arusha. It’s a prime stop of Tanzania’s northern safari circuit.
- You can camp on the banks of the Tarangire River in the south of the park. Our unique Green Camp is set up in a stunning location, under sausage trees, in the heart of nature.
- The main activity for visitors to Tarangire is day time game drives, but it is also possible to do an adventurous walking safari in this national park.
- There’s quite a mix of landscapes at Tarangire. Much of it is savanna, but there are also areas of grassland plain and swamps.
For more information check Tarangire Green Camps or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org