- On foot you are a participant in the world of wildlife rather than a spectator.
- You can visit remote areas in solitude, away from the crowds.
- It awakens your senses when you see, feel, hear and smell wildlife and the bush.
- You walk on the same path as elephants, lions, buffaloes and other wildlife.
- Feel connected with nature and savour the excitement of encounters with wildlife first hand.
- Learn how to observe wind direction, to read animal tracks and to pay attention to animal behavior.
- Enjoy also the smaller wildlife, which can’t be so easily seen from a vehicle.
- More adventurous and intimate way to experience nature and wildlife than by vehicle.
One of the best places to do a walking safaris is in the Serengeti. This famous park is home to all of Africa's mammals and the great annual migration. To get a idea what to expect, watch a video of our Serengeti Walking Safari.
Walking safaris in this area can be anything from a night or two, to longer expeditions over many days. Check our multi-day walking packages in the Serengeti.